Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Poem.

two voices.

That was wrong…




You are such a fuckin’ idiot.
still so little,
not yet learned the difference.
first feels and thinks are not
going to hold up this boat

Did you ruin it?
You are small and they know it.
& now They are going to talk about it.
And its going to be dirty
It’s going to stain your love
the one that you have broken your hands for

Now its just something for people.

In the spaceship lit hallway
I smiled before I knew,
“Joseph-I love you”
to the boy with hickeys
and used knee jeans.

The shape of last sound
was thin and white.
an accidental rubberband in the eye.

the other teachers were listening
till my spine unlaced into cold sea
I shut the door and
faced my classroom waiting.


I am just human.

and he looked beat sad.

and teachers want their easy smiles

I just wanted him to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment