Wednesday, February 9, 2011

to move away from western medicine

naked
drumming purple river
moving like surprise,
and then finding its cadence, which
opens the skull into a nest

(papaya opens like
a wound, showing its seeds like astrology)

lanky ounce bowl
faces up and sees nothing
but blue citrus whiff
and calligraphy of branch, leaf
each one a bright foaming shore.


I can participate, I can dream and interpret my own salve.


barren
backing up from the horizon
like hurt feelings

(green plastic bottle opens like a turbine,
showing what you look like in pieces)

taming the alchemy
towards simple bleach
paper equations
where everything is the same
and can be counted like beans
on a table.

I can be brave, I can wait and purse up the gas underneath obedience and rumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment